fogging developer

From: Robert Schaller (Robert@RobertSchaller.net)
Date: 07/21/02-11:13:08 AM Z

I wonder whether anyone out there knows of a readily available agent that
will develop silver halide regardless of whether it has been exposed (a
useful way to avoid the need for reexposure in reversal development). Kodak
has used Sodium Dithionite (95% Sodium Hydrosulfite), about which I know
nothing nor where one might get it, and a Barbitol compound, but this is
hard to get, being a barbituate and hence a controlled substance (although
there is no doubt a source I am not familiar with). A low-tech solution
would be preferable. What works as a reducing agent for AgH without needing
exposure?