Re: 8x10 FUJI B&W FILM

From: Jonathan Borden (jborden@attbi.com)
Date: 07/24/02-07:23:32 PM Z

Carl Weese wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I'm curious why you find ei 100 "useless" for daylight shooting. Half a
> second at f/64...what's wrong with that? Won't do for horse races of
> course, but for most other subjects?---Carl

Of all people I'd have thought you'd suggest that the best reason NOT to use
an ASA 100 film in 8x10 is that such really fine grained films tend to stain
less well in Pyro -- on the other hand you _can_ shoot Bergger 200 at EI 100
and get excellent stain. My stain/grain ratio is maximized with Delta 400 on
the other hand. Personally my Delta 400 gives me great stain, a straight
line that goes on and on and pretty fine grain (to the extent that that is
important in 8x10).

Jonathan