RE: Ferric citrate in VDB formulas

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 01/01/04-10:33:18 AM Z

The test with pure sodium ferric citrate did not turn out well. In
the test a 10 minute exposure of the test wedge, when developed in
water and then fixed, gave a very flat image. I consulted Steven's
book on the kallitype and it appears to suggest that when using
sodium ferric citrate as the sensitizer a developer other than water
is required. Apparently Nichols experimented with SFC and in fact
patented a kallitype procedure based on its use, called the K1 a
process by Stevens.

Sandy