Re: Quickee Cyanotype Question

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/30/02-11:49:02 AM Z

Eric,

  Almost any good watercolor paper should work well unless it has been
buffered. If it has it will bleach cyanotype. Drying with hot air after
sensitizing will cause a loss of contrast in the print. You might want to
try using 2 Parts A to 1 Part B. This will also improve contrast.
I determined the truth of the above as a result of a series of tests using
21 step tablets and a good, dense, high contrast negative. For best results
your negative should be such that it would print well on silver with a #0
contrast filter.

Good luck,
Bob Schramm