Re: Struth vs. Burtynsky

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 07/31/02-02:41:58 AM Z

Keith Gerling wrote:

> I'll admit that I'm not much of a Struth fan. Would his work be as
> important if it wasn't huge? I'd be interested in hearing your comments
> concerning the show.

I'm not much of a Struth fan either, but my copy of the May 27 New
Yorker has stayed open to his portrait of a mother and child ever since
I got the magazine, and I never pass the magazine without stopping to
look at the picture. It's not very often that a photograph captures my
attention to that extent.
kt