gelatin dry plates

From: Andy Duncan (duncanad45@lycos.com)
Date: 06/04/02-01:09:30 PM Z

Hello,

I am wanting to start to make, and expose glass plates (gelatin dry plates) for negatives, but I can't find any info on how to do it. I shoot a 4x5 Graflex Crown Graphic; is this big enough? Does anyone on the list know if the glass has to be a special kind, and if so where can I get it? What do I use as emulsion, and how do I expose them (load them in a "holder"?)? And what kind of chemicals do I use to process it?

If anyone on the list knows the answers to these questions, please answer them. If you can't, does anyone know of any literature/websites/books that I could read to learn how to do this?

Any help would be infinitely appreiated.

Andy Duncan

WIN a first class trip to Hawaii. Live like the King of Rock and Roll
on the big Island. Enter Now!
http://r.lycos.com/r/sagel_mail/http://www.elvis.lycos.com/sweepstakes