Re: Fresson and handmade

From: Alejandro Lopez de Haro (alhr@wanadoo.fr)
Date: 06/08/02-06:21:07 AM Z

Hello Arthur:

I agree that there is not a conflict between being an artist and not being
one or one being a printmaker or not. After all not everyone can become an
artist or a printmaker or a photographer.

My point is that if someone uses the photographic medium as a medium of art
and if he or she sells themselves as artists, then they must be involved in
every step of their work, because otherwise they are not being honest to the
viewing public.

If I read you between lines you are also raising the point of limited
editions as of arguing that an artist should not do their printing or
limited their prints because they will not have the time to do their
printing and hence they will be limiting their income. From the point of
view of money, I cannot agree more with you, but that is precisely my point:
If an artist is an honest artist or not.

Regards,

Alejandro López de Haro