cart

From: Victor Loverro (victor.loverro@verizon.net)
Date: 06/09/02-01:20:05 AM Z

There was some discussion on this group recently about carts to haul equipment. I don't recall seeing this one mentioned. It can be viewed at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004ZBAN/ref=ase_inktomi-toolasin-20/103-7380516-6955851
It is not clear from the picture, but the tail gate removes and the cart bed is hinged along the length and at the handle and the cart folds up into a unit about 42" long by 24" high by 9" wide. The handle retracts. The pneumatic wheels are on 16" rims (19" outside diameter). The bed dimensions are about 24"x32". The cart is very sturdy and rolls well on all types of terrain, including sand. The load balances well so there is not much weight on the handle. I have used it to carry everything up to a 12x20 with camera, film holders, lenses, tripod and lunch. It is great for a couple people to share to haul equipment. They have been available at Costco for about $115 and also are available at garden and boat supply stores. The prices vary. Try some related catalogues. The only disadvantage may be the width on narrow trails. I have found it just straddles the trail and still rolls fine. It is a pretty compact unit when folded.