Re: Kodak 4x5" glass plate available

From: Patricia Reed (preed@kumc.edu)
Date: 06/25/02-10:50:09 AM Z

how would you like to accept the shipping costs?
do you want to receive a check before shipping the plates?

>>> chunin@cimphoto.com 06/25/02 11:32AM >>>
I recently acquired a fairly substancial amount of boxes of 4x5"
spectrographic plates. The plates are unexposed and are 0.04" thick. They
were from the astronomy department of UF and keep in cold storage. But I
have it stored at room temperature so the emulsions are probably fogged
since astronomical emulsions are more sensitive than usual. Each box
contains 36 plates. They are available for anyone wanting to use them for
albumen. You can try to use the emulsion itself to see if they can be used
of just recycle the glass plate for coating. I'm giving them away if you
are willing to pay for shipping charges or pick them up in Miami, Florida
and save the shipping charges. I estimate that there are over 30 boxes
available. Hope that this does not offend anyone. This is not a for sale
ad. I will only charge shipping cost.

Chunin Martinez
chunin@cimphoto.com
Miami, FL