Re: seriously folks...little holes in negatives?

From: S Wang (stwang@direcTVinternet.com)
Date: 06/26/02-11:00:42 PM Z

>What causes negatives to get little white "holes" or specks in the emulsion?
>I heard that you can prevent this by using water instead of stop, but I
>always use water and I get them anyway.
>
>--shannon

Shannon,

Do you mean other than dust and lint spots? Dust and lint on the film
during exposure create those little clear spots, but you must mean
something other than that.

The too-strong-stop-bath clear areas are round little spots, found
mostly on lith and infrared films.

As far as I know, neither kind have anything to do with sex.

Sam