Zia and plat/palad print differences

From: Larry Roohr (lrryr@attbi.com)
Date: 06/30/02-07:35:46 PM Z

What might the differences be in the end result of prints made as Ziatypes
vs Platinum/paladium prints? Is it merely aesthetic choices or are there
advantages in platinum/paladium? Assume an accomplished printer here (not
the case on this end, believe me).

I've been printing with ziatype on and off for a while now, and I do
appreciate printing by inspection. Now that I'm happy with inkjet neg's, and
the slightly low density range, it seems platinum/palladium may offer a few
more choices as far as higher contrast goes without introducing dichromates.

Thanks,

Larry