Re: Sabatier, theory, myth, etc.

From: Gregory W. Blank (gblank@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 03/08/02-08:46:08 AM Z

on 3/8/02 8:33 AM, Joachim at joachim@microdsi.net wrote:

> Can I hazard a guess (that's all it is) on the warm-tone cold-tone paper
> question? The difference may reside in the chemistry in that warm tone
> papers are generally higher in their chloride/bromide ratio than colder
> papers that are usually all bromide? Joachim

As for the ratios of chemical in the paper? Who knows most paper
manufactures don't give out the formulas. However it is fairly safe for me
to say ChloroBromide papers have more "Salt" than Bromide papers.
Bromide papers have more Bromide which cools and makes the papers
faster.

Referring to my knowledge of Bromofort paper vs Fortezo (Chlorobromide
graded).

The Fortezo (Warm "chlorobromide") was / is about two stops slower.

I may also note that if anyone on this group would be interested in getting
Bromofort paper which was available until about two years ago I possibly
can get/ on special order basis. The paper I understand was good for Bromoil
process.