Re: Epson 1680 Film Flatness

From: Jeff Mickey (furball@doblin.id.iit.edu)
Date: 03/18/02-04:15:55 PM Z

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Gregory W. Blank wrote:

> I find this to be the case as well using the 2450. maybe slide some tape or
> light weight cardboard inside the edges of the holder. ( Its worse when the
> scanner warms up)

        Same here...I made my own holders. I use 8th..?..inch
presentation board, and tape the film carefully to the board. The spacing
above the glass is about the same Epsons holders. One caveat, at least on
the 2450, there is an aproxmatly 1 inch deep by 4 inch long notch that
is what the scanner uses to calculate exposure. It needs to be there :).
jeff