RE: solarization and alt process observations

From: wcharmon (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 03/27/02-06:15:19 AM Z

Christopher;

The effect, whatever term you want to apply to it, is
readily
observable by overexposing a test wedge in pure
palladium and plotting the resulting print densities. What
happens is that at some point the print density actually
begins to *decrease* with increased UV exposure, so the
normal H&D curve begins to bend back down and give
lighter and lighter print densities. My understanding is
that
this really is solarization. I dunno, it may just be
semantics,
but the effect is real and repeatable.

clay