Re: Preshrink

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 03/28/02-03:40:27 AM Z

> All papers shrink, some more, some less. Shrinking is proportional to
> the dimensions of the sheet and can get very problematic with big
> prints
> But, a millimeter difference on a small print is as disturbing as a
> centimeter on a huge print. After four or five coats you even see
> differences in a 13x18 cm print.
>
> > ie can one do a multiple print of
> >20*24 cm (8*10), gum over Kallitype, without the preshrink? Or this is
> >maybe paper depended?

with 180 g/m2 paper I have found that the shrinking is due also to the gum itself.
That is, a gum layer, when dry, shrinks the paper thou it war pre-shrinked wit hot water. This happens after the developing and not after the coating. The effect is about a couple of millimetres on a 18 cm wide print, but heavier and robust papers shrink less.

Alberto

http://spazioweb.inwind.it/albertonovo/index_eng.html
http://www.grupponamias.com/novo/index_en.htm