Re: humidifer recommendations?

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 03/29/02-02:52:30 PM Z

I purchased a room humidifier through Graingers. They have several listed
in their catalog. I don't believe that the unit I purchased is listed as I
have had it for nearly 8 years. It has a three speed fan and wick system so
there is no heat or mist. The holding tank is 2 and a half gallons. If you
are trying to humidify your entire darkroom in Albuquerque you will need a
large capacity unit; 5+ gallons. I built a small box and it works quite
well. The two gallon capacity last for many days. I don't need much here
in Texas, but I did use it quite heavily in Taos.

It was about $40. The rheostat control of the humidity level works very
well. I do have a unit to measure it as the humidifier itself does not have
a gauge.

EJ Neilsen