Re: "Antiquarian Avant Garde" and Nostalgia and spleening my vent

> One thing that really pissed me off about this book (and alot of alt
> work
> these days) is how they glorify the rough edges and "mistakes" of alot
> of
> early processes. No wet plate worker worth his salts would have shown a
> plate with the rough edges and blemishes that so many present day
> practitioners seek.  I don't understand why the "mistakes" have become
> the
> prevailing aesthetic. The processes are so beautiful on their own.

> William

Well, I suppose you would need to make a notable exception for Julia
Margaret Cameron - but then you do say 'worth his salts':-)

Peter

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About          http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com