Re: you say chimigram, I say chemigram

Hello Judy, Nick et al,

Let us put our clocks at the right time.

Pierre Cordier, who invented the process in the fifties is a long standing friend of mine and is in fact Belgian and lives at this moment under the sun in the French Provence.

The official name of the process is "Chimigramme" and is translated as "Chemigram" in English.

All the best,

Roger

Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com> a écrit :

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Nick Makris wrote:

> ... Chemigram vs.
> Chimigram. Anybody have any comments on a possible typo here?

Nick, I can't tell from the above whether that question is current or an
old one from the archive -- whichever, chemigram and chimigram are the
same thing. Pierre Cordier, who popularized the process in the US, in
fact as I recall invented it, was French. He said chimigram. But in our
magazines it was called chemigram -- I would guess that "chimi-" is the
prefix for the French word for "chemistry," as "chemi-" is for the
English.

Judy

Roger Kockaerts
Permadocument - pH7