Re: fresson/metzner

On Fri, 3 May 2002 ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:

> I think that Metzner's use of Fresson is more a marketing gimick then
> anything else. There's certainly nothing in the images that suggests they
> would be improved by Fresson, or even that it is an appropriate process for
> her work. But its use sets them apart.

I would agree -- but my impression is that everyone involved, Metzner
herself, the critics who wrote in awe of the process, the dealers, and so
forth, were utterly sincere. I recall a breathless article circa 1982 in
Pop Photo, or one of those magazines -- you would have thought it was the
shroud of Turin -- in tricolor !

Another interesting point (or more interesting than Ansel Adam's Affairs):
Metzner has five children.

Judy