Re: fresson

Pete

Dick my Man,

Yes I have contacted Art it is as you say.

> Pete,
>
> I think you may be right. At APIS 2001 Art said he had some sophisticated
> tests done by some aerospace friends or something like that. He didn't go
> into detail as to who or where as it was done. I think it was done on the
> sly so to speak. As I recall he said it contained bovine gelatin but as I
> think back I can't recall him saying anything about gum being in it. You
> might want to email him and get a confirmation.<grin> Could be worth a pint
> or two when he next gets to Merry Olde.

cts right it was made in Germany by Haenfstengle. MgGraw has some
> tri-colors in the front room that were made in the 40's -- I saw them in
> the 70's and they were as fresh as the day they were made.

This is the great plus in pigment printing archival Quality !

Incidentally I have not forgotten our little project. However I am
fanatically preparing for Spain at the moment. I have also been given a
Bursary at the
Tyrone Guthrie international Art Centre which I have to take up in the
Autumn

thetgc@indigo.ie

 So it is all busy busy at the moment and I expect you are in a similar
state with APIS etc.

I have Got Yupo Europe interested in TemperaPrint so things are moving on
slowly. However the interest in the US seems to be nonexistent ! Why do you
think that is  ?

> At the time I visited I asked for carbon tissue and was told they no longer
> made it. I was invited to go in the back and talk to this old chap. I did
> and I believe he was McGraw himself. He had had someone fetch me a roll of
> McGraw carbon tissue from a freezer in the back. I tried using it to make
> gravures with but my instructor at UCLA had a hemorrhage as it was not the
> traditional red color.

As you probably Know via our mutual friend the colour of the similar
Autotype product was brown / red.

Hope all is well with Melody and your family

And thanks for everything

Pete