Re: Rank Beginner....

I've tried a few deveopers.

Diltued dektol tends to be too contrasty.

Dave soemarko's LC-1 gives good contrast but is very slow an ASA ~ 1 -
painfully slow for really big negatives.

Best results so far with Selectol diltued 2:1.  Good contrast and
reasonable speed ~ 12 ASA.

I'm working on a new developer that limits the contrast to get a
continuous tone negative, but still maintains a fast speed.  I'm not there
yet.  50 ASA but too contrasty.

I use Kodak Camera 2000 CGP film.  Its available in Canada.  The stuff
from Freestyle (ARista ???) is too expensive due to shipping and duty and
exchange.  I think they are very similar.

We have 8x10, 4x10 (panoramic and multihole concentric) and a 12X18 and a
few cameras in between.   Plans for a 6x18 panoramic underway.

Gord