Reduced Dmax with overexposure in Pt/Pd

With reference to the Pt/Pd results that I reported earlier today,
there was an  anomaly that surprised. When making test prints with a
step wedge I generally overexpose by 2-3 stops. What I noticed in
looking at the curves, and this was true of curves with all of the
lights tested, is that there is actually a rather significant
decrease in Dmax, or maximum density, with overexposure. By
significant I mean between log 0.05 - 0.10.

Is this something that one generally expects to encounter in platinum printing?

Sandy King