Re: nu arc mat

Judy Seigel wrote:

>Since the vacuum only comes through the one hole I
>just cut that hole in the vinyl. The advantage, besides not putting
>dimples in my prints (in a couple of cases for some reason permanently
>marking the negative), is it's removed so easily for cleaning.
>
>I never could figure out why they made the mat that way, though presumably
>there was a reason...

When I first started using a vacuum frame with carbon printing I got
all sorts of dimples on the print from the surface texture of the
mat. As a remedy I now use a piece of phenolic plastic of about 1/32"
thickness slightly larger than the print between the mat and the
print. This prevents the dimples and I still get more than sufficient
pressure from the vacuum.

Sandy K.