Re: P/P and different developers

Sandy,

In fact I tried a couple 12x20 kallis earlier this week with fresh potassium
oxalate. It appeared to work fine, but I encountered streaking problems
again, as I had with big prints before. A coating that appeared perfect, and
dried with a perfectly smooth surface, showed streaks and brush stroke marks
after exposure, before development. This did not happen with my small 5x7
tests, but has happened each time I've done bigger ones. I suspect that
kallitype wants a much lower humidity level than the 65% I find ideal for
Pt/Pd printing. Both Lenox and Stonehenge White show the problem. As for
smoothness in the areas unaffected by streaks, if anything the pot.ox.
developed print seems grittier than earlier ones in sodium citrate, so its
superiority may only be for Pt/Pd.

---Carl
--
        web site with picture galleries