Re: densitometry

Sandy King writes:
> I have seen many late model color
> reflection/transmission densitometers sell for less than $200, and
> transmission models from the late 70s and early 80s typically go for
> less than $100.

I posed a question about densitometers some time back, and while I was
in touch with a list member about buying theirs, the transaction didn't
go through.  Sandy's statement, and some work I'm doing with 16mm film,
really make me want to add a densitometer to my tool bench.

Unfortunately, there's no Consumer Reports to turn to for reviews of
these machines.  Or is there?  Other than Macbeth, I have no idea which
manufacturers/models are reputable, good buys, etc.

Any guidelines?

Thanks, Eric