Re: Gevatone ISO sensitivity

Hi Don and Bill,

I have a box of 24x30cm N31p gevatone sheet films since a while. I bought it
in Brussels. I sometimes see a box in shops. Probably on the shelf since a
while.
I think indeed that AGFA stopped the production.
The general picture is that AGFA goes 100% digital in the short term, as far
as I know.
The silver halide market is not over. This has still years of future
existence in the East. China, Russia etc ... because digital is too
expensive.
I have been deveopping a new holographic emulsion in my previous job untill
dec 2001. Indeed AGFA holoplates and films were discontinued since 1997. I
had a big customer for holograms and a lot of interests in my future film. I
found a manufacturer in England (yes, that one). The deal was to produce
plates and films based on my formulation. They became my competitor after a
short while. I stopped. But it was so gorgious to make my own emulsion and
see it matching the big ones.
On the other hand it is possible to have custom film made there in England.
I would rather trust them as a customer than in businness ! When I visited
them, they were making glass negs for an (rich) american customer.

Is gevatone N31p so appreciated ?
I will process it in ilfotech HC tonight (GMT), and let you know the result
if you want.

Cheers,

Philippe