Re: Printing frame

Its very simple but it will work.

Get a plain but well-made 8 x 10 picture frame made out of wood, about 1
1/2-2 inches wide and a piece of glass for it. Cut out a piece of 1/4 inch
plywood to fit inside the frame. Cut this in two or 1/3rd and 2/3rds. Put it
back togeter with some tiny hinges. Flip it over and glue black felt on it
and trim along the edges so it will fit in the frame.
There is a piece of hardware for which I do not know the name but it looks a
little like a bar with a hole in the middle. It comes with a screw. Get
about six of these and use them to hold the back you made on the frame.
Thats it. I'm sure there are better designs but this is easy and fast to
make.

Bob Schramm

>From: Philippe Monnoyer <philippe.monnoyer@skynet.be>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: Printing frame
>Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 23:01:51 +0200
>
>Hello,
>
>I am searching for instructions to build a basic printing frame (8x10"). I
>don't care about the way it looks. I just need quickly a system that
>presses
>my neg firmly to the paper surface, everywhere on the image. Do you have
>basic recommendations ?
>Any simple ideas are welcome.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Philippe