Re : Extravagatype and Na2

Linas,
I think you are right when you suppose that the precipitate is (NH4)2PtCl6.
When I mix 1 drop Ammonium Ferric Oxalate (40 g / 100 ml ) with 1 drop
Na2PtCl6 ( 20 g / 100 ml ) there immediately arises a precipitate.
When I mix 1 drop K2PtCl4 ( 20 g / 100 ml ) with 1 drop of Na2PtCl6  ( 20 g
/ 100 ml ) there slowly arises a precipitate but less then with AFO + Na2.
Unfortunately I don't know the solubility data from K2PtCl6 and
(NH4)2PtCl6.I only know that K2PtCl6 is nearly insoluble.I called for data
to Drijfhout ( famous Dutch precious metal supplier,present Engelhard-Clal )
after  searching   in the Gmelin : part Pt,
but even they didn't have data.On Internet I also couldn't find data.

Erich