Solubility of various Pt salts

Here is some useful solubility data for various Pt+2 and Pt+4 salts. This
supports our speculations about the precipitate in the Extravagatype. It
also raises the question, why isn't Na2PtCl4 commonly used in Pt printing?
It's more soluble than the more readily available potassium salt. It would
seem that the sodium salt Na2PtCl4 could be used without warming the
solution.

                      Solubility in 100ml H2O
Compound      cold water / hot water

(NH4)2PtCl4      soluble / soluble