NEGS FOR PT/PD

DEAR LIST,
    I forget who, but someone asked if, during the process of enlarging
negatives, one could adjust the density (dynamic) range in order that,
starting with a camera original negative developed for silver-gelatin, one
could yield an enlarged neg with the proper density range for PT/PD.
    The answer is simple...YES.
    If you have a negative with decent shadow detail and open (not blocked)
highlights that prints well on your favorite silver-gelatin paper, with some
testing, you should have no problem expanding the density range during the
interpos-to-enlarged neg process (or, if you are feeling bold, with direct
copy film) to yield a density range for any alt process you want.  One needs
to know a bit of sensitometry  but sometimes we, on this list, persist in
flagellating a moribund equine quadruped.   My last name is something of
which I try to remind my self every day: "KISS = keep it simple stupid".
    I hope this helps.  I feel that more experienced PT/PD printers like
Eric Neilson and Jeffrey could give more details and guidelines than I but
it is very "do-able".
                            CHEERS!
                                BOB