Calotype & Waxed Paper Process

I don't think I've seen this link posted here before, and it may be of
interest to some. It also looks at the work of Talbot and others.

http://nileg.free.fr/doc/Memoire2_Cm.PDF
Waxed paper process (in French - PDF format, 115 pages)
A detailed thesis in French by Nicolas Le Guern of l'ENS Louis Lumière à
Noisy le Grand on Gustave Le Gray's waxed paper process (with details of
the calotype also.) He attempted to reproduce the process using modern
materials, there are some examples at http://nileg.free.fr/principal.htm
and a brief summary in English.

Entirely incidentally, Noisy le Grand is a place I've stayed in several
weeks and photographed a little, though not the building in his pictures.
I have a platinum print taken in the churchyard there hanging on my wall.

You can also access this work from 'photogramme':
http://www.photogramme.org/textes/accueil.htm
which is of course very well known to many here.

The waxed paper pdf is of a number of links in a piece I've just put
together on the calotype starting at
http://photography.about.com/library/weekly/aa052002a.htm

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About          http://photography.about.com/