Re: mordancage

Jonathan Bailey wrote:

> Christina-
<snip>
> will
> > continue to test this yellowing thing more.
>
> Well, prints that have been through mordancage will continue to change for
> days, week, months! afterwards.  Especially those that retained the delicate
> emulsion veiling - which a thorough washing would certainly destroy.  Is
> this what you're referring to??
>
> Ain't we got fun?!?!
>
> Ciao for now - Jon

..Jon,

No the yellowing thing Christina and I were discussing (at least I hope
we talk about the same thing..;-)..) is the fact that FB paper (in my
case Ilford FB MG) after bleach and re-development (either with
developer or toner) gives light yellow (stained?) highlights, also the
unexposed, white borders of the print stain/tone light yellow. I have
not seen this yellowing on RC paper.

Cor