Re: mordancage

Could it be partially a function of the redeveloper?  I've had some Ilford IV prints that have  not had any light yellow cast in the highlights or borders at all, and some that have.  I've used fresh Dektol 1:10, old Dektol, fresh LPD 1:8 and old LPD (1:2).  Of course, in my haste I didn't take notes :-( .  Next time I will.

Nate

Breukel, C (HKG) wrote:
3CEBE484.7616C2C8@lumc.nl">

Jonathan Bailey wrote:
Christina-
<snip>
will
continue to test this yellowing thing more.
Well, prints that have been through mordancage will continue to change for
days, week, months! afterwards. Especially those that retained the delicate
emulsion veiling - which a thorough washing would certainly destroy. Is
this what you're referring to??

Ain't we got fun?!?!

Ciao for now - Jon

..Jon,

No the yellowing thing Christina and I were discussing (at least I hope
we talk about the same thing..;-)..) is the fact that FB paper (in my
case Ilford FB MG) after bleach and re-development (either with
developer or toner) gives light yellow (stained?) highlights, also the
unexposed, white borders of the print stain/tone light yellow. I have
not seen this yellowing on RC paper.

Cor