Re: one more mordancage post, long...

Chris:

Awesome!!!!  You are some busy lady. What great info.  Thanks.

Your finding that the stronger HP causes more yellowing seems logical to
me.  I wonder if there might be the result of some residual Mord
solution in the paper after the 1st wash that reacts with the
redeveloper and, since HP is a strong oxidizer, the stronger  the HP the
more the oxidation and yellowing.  The fact that the RC paper does not
yellow I think lends some credence to my theory.  Your room light
results are most interesting.  Since my darkroom is relatively small I
have been doing all my Mord work either in my garage or outside, all in
daylight.  Maybe, with a respirator :-) , I can do some under a safelight.

I'm still looking for my copy of the French info, my filing system is
sad...no, make that pathetic, but I did find the info from Luminos.
 They recommend a 2 part mix.  Part A:  30gm Cupric Chloride, 80ml
Glacial Acetic Water to make 1L.  Part B: 20 Vol HP.  Mix EQUAL parts of
A & B at room temp.  That's quite different than Craig's with 35ml HP/L.
  I know I still have the French paper & will send it as soon as I find it.

I noticed Jon's email to you.  You should know, that among his many,
many talents, he makes great wine.

Nate