Re: one more mordancage post, long...

<mucho snipping from Nate>
> I'm still looking for my copy of the French info, my filing system is
> sad...no, make that pathetic, but I did find the info from Luminos.
>  They recommend a 2 part mix.  Part A:  30gm Cupric Chloride, 80ml
> Glacial Acetic Water to make 1L.  Part B: 20 Vol HP.  Mix EQUAL parts of
> A & B at room temp.

     Oh, good; I am glad to see this; this is exactly the Jack Coote/Ilford
Monochrome Practice book formula.  I have a confession to make; I am so ANAL
that I even ordered the book that Judy referred to (thanks Judy!) that
Marriage referred to as his starting point for mordancage--the Wall
Practical Color Photo book or whatever the title is.  I found it at
abebooks.com and figured for $20 it'd be worth checking out.  It is not like
Montana is your mecca for obtuse library books.  I also went to my retired
photo teacher's house and searched his arcane books (he's Austrian, so some
in German) and found mentions in a couple of his but nothing earth
shattering.  I have a terrible predilection for leaving no stone unturned,
but then Tri-Ess Sciences loves me when I order more chems (thanx for THAT
resource, Jon!  See, we all help each other out.).

> I noticed Jon's email to you.  You should know, that among his many,
> many talents, he makes great wine.

     Well, one of these days, Jon, we'll have to meet and have a toast!
Hopefully it is strong and dry red...hey, I'm applying to grad school this
fall for fall 2003 and if by a fluke a place accepts me in that area maybe
we can meet :) (I suppose RISD, Yale, and Mass Art are far from Maine--but
it's nothing in MT to drive 400 mi)
Chris
PS SHOOT, I forgot there were two more things I need to test--checked my
list last night.  One is the reexpose the print to a neg, the other is to
print a slide and mordancage that.  I *knew* I lied when I said I was done
testing.  BTW, these mordancages are going to be hand colored and
shellac-ed--when complete, Jon, I will send you a jpeg.  Are (sort of
gritty) nudes acceptable for your website?  I do have the proverbial
flowers, too.