RE: equipment security

I enjoyed following the posts on security: I recall a WWII experience that
is applicable. When beer was to be sent to the officers' club in New Guinea
after we secured Finchhaven and Holandia MP guards were placed in the holds
of the ship, on the dock, and there was more ammo around the beer cases than
in a major campaign. Each case was inventoried meticulously and I was one of
the checkers. Not a single case was missing as the beer came out of the
hold, onto the dock and into the 6x6 trucks. So some GIs simply made off
with a whole truck. Moral: Buy insurance and keep your exposed film close to
the vest. Joachim