Re: slide scanner(s)

From: Andrew Darlow (andy@andydarlow.com)
Date: 11/07/02-10:50:01 PM Z

>Greetings scanners...
>
>I've got to replace my old, expensive, and unlamented Polaroid Sprintscan
>35 plus. (My new G4 apparently killed it, as it has so much else.)
>
>My ultimate intention is to enlarge 35 mm b&w film to make negatives for
>gum as large as 16 by 20, even larger perhaps -- film and/or digital.
>
>Polaroid offers a good price on their 4000 or 4000 plus as an "upgrade",
>but I've heard raves about the Nikon Coolscan 4000, which is a lot more
>expensive. Is it that much better? Much better? Any better? Or? Is
>there any way I can tell?
>
>I know there are lots of savvy scanners on this list -- would very much
>appreciate any/all advice.
>
>thanks in advance...
>
>Judy

Hi Judy:

I have been very happy with my Polaroid 4000, even from 400ASA XP2
negatives. I think b/w film will scan fine on either scanner, but
the 4000 plus has a firewire connection and it is supposedly a bit
better than the Polaroid 4000.

All the best!

Photography, Digital Print Consulting and Custom Editions
Andrew Darlow Images International
www.andrewdarlow.com
andy@andydarlow.com
Toll free- 1-877-A-Darlow (1-877-232-7569)