Re: Consistency Is No Hobgoblin

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 11/12/02-10:47:50 PM Z

Jeff wrote:

I am not saying that the variations in temperature and humidity are
not an issue. However, I will say with absolute certainty that 2-3
minute warm up time is not sufficient for most commercial metal
halide lamps to reach full output. With an integrator you calibrate
the unit to reach a certain output, which in my case I have set to
100 when the the unit of operation is approximately one second. At
2-3 minutes my unit, as measured by the integrator, has only reached
a reading of 20-30 units, that is, less than 25% of full output.
Obviously if your exposures are in the 10 minute range and you begin
them at 2-3 minutes of turning on the light, you should be seeing
significant variations in printing density, irrespective of any other
factors.

Sandy King