(OT) 4x5 Graflex Speed Graphic

From: Steve Bell (veracity000@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/22/02-10:54:03 PM Z

Hey everyone,

this is a little off topic, but i thought maybe some of you might be able
to help. i just aquired through some twist of inheritance an old 4x5
Graflex Speed Graphic. problem is, i have no clue how to use the thing. it
looks to be in great condition, although i think the shutter may be a
little off.

so far i've figured out how to load the film holder(s), and how to extend
the bellows. on the back, there is a little window thing that seems a
focusing/ground glass type deal, but i can't see any image on it. there are
a bunch of do hickies on the side that i don't know what to make of, and it
is all in all confusing to me. if anyone knows of any web sources that
might be capable of informing me how to work this camera, that would be
great. i'm extremely excited about 4x5 negatives. i think that's a nice
size for contact printing.

the potential ideas are floating around in my head as we speak.

thanks in advance,

Steve