RE: Suggestions on how to keep highlights from overexposing on daguerreotypes.

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 09/30/02-11:03:48 PM Z

Chris, Since you are not really interested in the quality of the color I
would "pull" the whole concept a bit further. Try over exposing by 1/2
to 1 1/2 Stops and pulling back two. This will open up your slides.
The color will shift all over the place but unless you plan to use them
to project, I think that this would be a quick fix for you. You can go
up until the highlights can't be pulled back, that should give you a
flatter smoother positive.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9