Re: Step wedge

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 10/01/02-06:29:54 PM Z

Philippe - sounds like you are missing the aperture. If your
densitometer is designed like a MacBeth there is a plastic or metal
plate (probably opaque and black) that drops into the larger 1/2 inch
hole, there will be a small hole in the center of that plate (the
aperture). Not all units allow different aperture sizes to be used -
if the aperture is smaller than what the unit was designed for you
might limit the range of the unit and/or sacrifice linearity.

Check the specs for the unit - aperture sizes should be listed there.

-greg schmitz