Re: slide scanner recommendation needed

From: Eric S. Theise (mataro@cyberwerks.com)
Date: 10/08/02-12:08:47 PM Z

On this subject, I will say that I've had occasion to use the
Polaroid SprintScan 4000 to scan slides. I found it (or its software)
temperamental and flaky and I didn't find the color fidelity true enough
to justify the price. It was good for black and white, and for getting
things up on the web quickly, but I was under the impression that the
thing cost 5 figures, and I sure would've expected more had I paid that.
The whole operation hinges on a plastic tray/holder that probably cost
$.39 to extrude, and if it has the slightest warp or expansion, the box
gets confused.

--Eric