Re: PRINTING FRAMES

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 10/08/02-10:43:01 PM Z

Temi,

Any company that supplies metal stock to machine shops would probably
sell spring steel. It comes in lots of different gauges and widths so
you should have some idea of what you need in advance. You probably
won't need very much. Unfortunately for you spring steel stock is
generally sold in large coils. Perhaps if you contacted a local
machine shop they might have some scraps or be able to cut suitable
pieces from a roll for you. Failing that, if your handy, you could
make your own. I seem to remember making it in shop class when I was
in Jr. High School - spring steel is produced by tempering regular
steel stock if I recall correctly.

Here is an Internet source that will give you some idea of what's
available. I've purchased material from one of their distributor's in
the past. Specifically Nolan Supply Corporation in Syracuse, NY.

http://www.nolansupply.com/NatDist/metals.asp#Spring Steel

Good luck -greg schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>