Re: paper and film testing

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 10/12/02-06:25:02 PM Z

Shannon,

Is there a cost for doing what you are doing? If so, I think you should
consider getting/borrowing a book on sensitometry and buying a used
densitometer considering your interest in this area.

There is a learning curve in learning the curves, but once you get there, you
can look at a curve and pre-visualize what kind of image you can produce and
what kind of effect for overexposure, underexposure, etc. You can even
pre-visualize the apparent sharpeness that you can achieve with a particular
process. It is both interesting and fun.

If you have a specific question, feel free to post it on the list as I am
sure many will be interested. At this point I don't know what I can add as
the disucssion is still very general. :-)

Dave S