paper and film testing

sstoney@pdq.net
Date: 10/11/02-08:46:01 PM Z

I have a question about paper and film testing that I'd like to discuss
with somebody knowledgeable about these matters, off the list, because it
involves the services of a business that does this. I had a paper and
film test done and I'm not sure how to interpret the results that I got
back. The company sent me five sheets of film that had been exposed with
a stouffer step tablet, and I processed them at different times, and sent
them back with paper samples that had also had a stouffer step tablet
printed on them. The idea was to figure out what the right film speeds
and development times were for different papers and subject brightness
ranges. I think Sandy was discussing his own tests of this sort this past
summer.

--shannon