Re: paper and film testing

From: David Eastman (clearemulsions@yahoo.com)
Date: 10/14/02-10:17:33 PM Z

Hi.

I haven't read everything posted here yet, but you
mention development by inspection several times...
Just curious... are you planning to do this with
straight regular chemistry...w/o any desensitizing?

I have one of those dark green panchromtic safelight
filters... even a pannchromatic safelight bulb... no
matter how long I stayed in the dark, my eyes never
got used to seeing in that more than almost 100%
usless amount of light!

I could almost see better without those safelights
turned on... Anyway the point is, those lights might
frustrate you something terrible.

I have never used desensitizers, but I would consider
trying them if you really want to do development by
inspection. Perhaps someone else with some more
experience can share their thoughts on this...

I wonder how valid the sensitometric data would be
when processed this way?

Ray