Re: pinhole camera

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 10/17/02-08:19:42 AM Z

David:
  Punch a hole w/a nail or nail-punch. Fold back the protrusions on the
inside so as to not scratch one's fingers. Then take Heavy Duty Aluminum
foil and make five layers of 1" squares. Place this on a hard wood table.
Use a #10 sewing needle and w/a thimble on your index finger poke through to
the hard wood w/a steady and firm push . . but, not to much pressure.
  Then, use the middle piece of foil and w/black masking tape fasten the pin
(needle) hole to the can.
  Use another piece of black masking tape and where it will cover the
pinhole, place a small piece of masking tape face-to-face so the glue from
the tape will not adhere to the small hole and perhaps block it. Fold a
portion of the tape so one can easily grab it and, voila, that is your
shutter.
  You can use cheap black paper to darken the inside. I also paint the
inside of the aluminum foil. I also use a triple thick aluminum foil lid
painted black on the inside and secured to the tin w/a super hefty rubber
band.
  Off you go.
  Jack