Bellows , more questions...

From: John Cremati (johnjohnc@core.com)
Date: 10/24/02-01:43:49 PM Z

Hi,

I would like to thank Sandy King for the valuable information he has sent... It was extremely helpful ,Thank you...
I have a few other questions on this 20x24 inch bellows for anyone who is able to answer or give opinions....

1) We are using two pieces of 60 inch wide of a light weight black 330d Cordura cloth which will have to be joined together to form the 20x24 parameter..... Would you sew and glue them together or just clamp and glue?
2) We will be using very heavy exposed and fixed out graphic film( estar based ) for the stiffeners that is .007(7 mill) in thickness... Has anyone ever used this as a stiffener material or are we making a mistake and should stick to a heavy card stock?
3) What type of glue do you think would be best using Cordura( a nylon) and estar film mix that would not add much bulk and would remain flexible..... ?
4) Would you recommend building and using a form for such a large bellows?
5 ) Would you coat the outside or inside of the finished bellows with some sort of rubberized black out paint?

Once we finally begin to make this camera we will document every thing and make it available to all..
Thanks,
John Cremati