Re: films for scanning

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 10/25/02-09:38:45 PM Z

Greg wrote:

>Sandy - I can not speak to negative films, or scanning for that
>matter. I would note that Kodak claims that their new Ektachrome
>duplicating film "Edupe" is designed specifically for scanning. You
>might check with the folks at Ilford because I seem to recall they
>made similar claims for their proprietary B&W transparency film. I'd
>be skeptical though since claims about a products positive aspects are
>often cooked up by the folks in charge of marketing and propaganda.
>
>-greg schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>

My interest is in scanning negatives made in the camera so I don't
believe that the Edupe film will be of much interest to me. But just
out of curiosity, why would Kodak design a duplicating film
specifically for scanning? Is there a big market for making duplicate
slides and then scanning them?

Sandy King