Re: Polaroid Emulsion Transfers

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 10/26/02-10:08:09 AM Z

     OK, then the answer I gave you is correct.
     Transfers are totally different. You do soak your paper in hot water,
but the film never goes into the hot water. It is exposed, and then the
negative/positive sandwich is cut apart within 15-30 secs and the negative
is placed in contact with the hot moist paper to give you a transferred
color image onto the water color paper. The print itself is usually not
correctly color balanced as it is peeled apart from the neg before it has a
chance to get totally developed, but if you are lucky and it is OK enough,
you can have 2 for 1 and use the print part (after drying for 24 hr) for
your emulsion lift. The actual terms to keep them apart is emulsion lift
and image transfer. There are several good books on this on the market, one
brand new by Carr, that you should check out. Go on Amazon and look under
Polaroid or Carr.
Chris